Sport Premium Statement for 2018/2019
Our school will receive £16,750 Sports Premium Funding for the academic year 2018/19. The purpose of the funding is improve provision for, engagement and participation in sporting activity for pupils in order to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
The school has allocated the funding this year in the following ways:-
Provision and staff training:
- To engage services of MSP Sports for: Weekly delivery of high quality sports lessons to all pupils.
- Delivery of a lunchtime club each week throughout the year.
- Fencing, Archery and Balance Bike lessons.
- Supply cover to enable monitoring and delivery of PE lessons and other healthy lifestyle sessions such as cooking and sports science.
- Improved outdoor play equipment for pupils.
- Audit and purchase equipment and awards necessary for improved sports delivery.
Engagement and participation
Support Legacy Challenge encouraging children to participate in volunteering, out of school sport, leading activity.
Enrolment participation and transport in the following inter and intra school events: School Sports Day Partnership Sports Event Partnership Football Events Inter-school Kwik Cricket Tournaments Y3 – Y6 Yarborough Athletic Events Y3 – Y6 Cross country events.
Organise and transport all pupils to Partnership Sports Event
Participation in Gifted and Talented Academy at University of Lincoln
Key financial information:
Healthy Lifestyle Provision (Teacher release time) £5,370
Outdoor play equipment £1,000
Partnership Sports £400
Gifted and Talented Provision £495
Swimming Gala £200
Fencing Coaching £645
Archery Coaching £595
Balance Bike Coaching £595
Sports Coaches Wednesdays(inc Lunchtime Club) £3,040
Maths on the Move sessions £595
Sports Coaches Fridays £3,040
Total Expenditure: £16,750
Impact of Sports Premium September 2017 - July 2018
The following outcomes were achieved through Sports Premium Funding Sep 2017 – July 2018: ·
- All pupils received weekly high quality sports coaching. ·
- One pupil participated in the Lincoln University Gifted and Talented Sports Programme ·
- All Key Stage 2 pupils received archery and fencing coaching. ·
- All Infant pupils received balance bike tuition. ·
- Equipment and awards were purchased (swimming badges, medals, fencing certificates etc.) ·
- The school received visits from Paralympic athletes (Danielle Brown and Laura Sugar). This was followed up for two pupils with a bi weekly Skype Mentoring Programme. ·
- Sports Leader was released to monitor, plan delivery and attend School Sports Conference. ·
- The school attended a number of inter school events – Cross Country League, Partnership Sports Festival, Partnership Football Tournaments.